Friday, July 29, 2016

Ravioli II: Cruise Control

After my declaration that I would certainly post more, I immediately proved myself a liar. I'd like to blame the fascinating political landscape or brave, gripping eczema portrayal on "The Night Of" (which is, like me, a liar, cause on episode two it was already the next day), but really I made these raviolis weeks ago and got lazy/forgetful. FUGGEDABOUDIT. I did.

But seriously, look at these bad boys:

Arugula and my usual cherry tomato garlic on the stove combo, plus plenty of parm

I wanted to try my hand at making meat ravioli. I did my usual thing of looking at a few different recipes and seeing the common threads, then going rogue. Most recipes called for ground pork, but Trader Joe is secretly Jewish, so this he did not carry. Rather than go on a hunt and also get proscuitto and the other suggested meats, I did something brilliant. I bought Italian chicken sausage, cut off the casings, and cooked the ground meat as suggested, in BUTTER, BABY.

Then, because I'm a gorgeous genius, I saved the butter and excess fat and cooked my halved cherry tomatoes with garlic in it. POW.
as previously stated, pow.

For the filling, I let the cooked ground chicken sausage cool, then put it in the food processor with TJ's canned artichokes (not in the jar, the ones in the cans are not vinegary), some panko breadcrumbs, shaved parmesan and a generous drizzle of olive oil to get it all to stick together. I did not add salt, as the sausage seemed to have a good amount in it. As mentioned in the last post, the leftover filling was basically pate, and I ate it as such for the next couple days. But first! I filled up my fresh pasta dough with these glorious meat ambrosia and cooked it up!

I rarely eat vegetables, so I created a crafty trick aimed at myself:


You know the old saying: vegetables are literally poison without cheese!




No comments:

Post a Comment